February has whizzed past…. here’s 10 things we’ve enjoyed.
- Our “February task” was to try cooking some new recipes together. We’ve been too busy to do a lot together but we did manage a new pancake recipe and this spicy chicken dish. Chris has perfected cooking steaks and burgers on the bbq, they’ve been great every time and I’ve managed to restock the freezer with a mixture of old and new recipes. Hopefully we’ll squeeze in some cooking time together before baby arrives.
- We’ve bought and installed our car seat, ready for the big day.
- We’ve taken several baby classes this month. Some at the hospital and some at Babies R Us which runs free hour long classes with local experts. We’ve found most of them to be really useful especially as a lot of things are slightly different here compared to back home. We also found a pediatrician…. a novel experience, going to “meet and greet” doctors to see if you want them to look after your unborn child!
- The weather has been amazing, we’ve been out walking a lot and had quite a few BBQs. It’s even warm enough for me to swim!
- As I mentioned in this post we were thrown a surprise baby shower which was a lot of fun!
- We bought Machi Koro at Christmas time and have enjoyed playing when we have time. It’s a mix between a board and stategy game. It has a nice fast pace and every time you play the game unfolds differently which is great for a 2-player game.
- Baking with bananas. Now I have a loaf tin, the world is my oyster!
- We finally joined Costco and are looking forward to buying giant boxes of blueberries and steak!
- Going to a paper craft class by myself. It’s outside my comfort zone at the moment to go to things alone so it’s good to push myself to do it in preparation for once baby has arrived and I’m hopefully going to make a real effort to go to classes and groups.
- Getting lots of jobs done around the house including sorting out the nursery, it’s nearly finished!