April is always a good month as there’s lots of birthdays to celebrate, here’s 10 things we’ve enjoyed this month..
- Almost every weekend since Flossie was born we’ve had a picnic in the park (often including a free bagel from Panera!). We have a favourite park and favourite tree that provides the perfect amount of shade and has paved paths so we can have a short walk too. It won’t be long till it’s too hot to picnic outdoors so we’re making the most of it while we can!
- It was my birthday this month and we had a lovely day together.
- Panera Bread sent me an offer for a free bagel everyday in April. I’ve had about 7 I think and of course they taste better when they’re free! Blueberry or Cinnamon Crunch are the best, in my opinion. The cafe near us is actually brand new, large, airy and pushchair friendly, we’ve actually sat outside a few times too. It’s nice to find a spot I can visit easily with Flossie, especially as they serve my favorite hazelnut coffee too!
- I’ve been very brave and been to quite a few baby classes. It can be stressful, getting out of the house on time, finding somewhere to park but I’m really pleased that I’ve forced myself to do it and I’m going to keep doing it.
- This month we’ve received lots and lots of lovely presents and cards from family and friends which really make us smile, even though they’re far away.As expected becoming parents is a steep learning curve but we’ve been enjoying learning something new about Flossie everyday. Watching her expressions, which can change in an instant, is a lot of fun!
- We’ve managed to get out and about quite a lot this month. Although I was supposed to be resting at the start of April, I now feel much better and we go out somewhere most days, it feels really good to get out of the house!
- Although I had a pretty smooth pregnancy, I’m enjoying not being pregnant anymore!
- Taking millions of photos I love the fact that I can just pick up my phone and snap away whenever I want. It helps to keep dad connected while he’s at work and helps us share our daily life with family, thousands of miles away.
- Weather , this one has been a repeat favorite for last few months but we mustn’t take nice weather for granted! We had a few days were it was too hot, 100F, but generally the weather this month has been perfect, much better than the snow showers people are experiencing at home!