May has passed in the blink of an eye, mainly because we’ve been planning and then enjoying a last minute trip home.
Here are 10 things we’ve enjoyed this month…
- The biggest thing we’ve done this month is taking a trip home. Blog posts have been a bit sparse for the last few weeks and that’s the reason why, lots to organise and lots to enjoy! There’ll be plenty of time to record things once we get back.
- We’ve done a lot of visiting on our trip and it’s been lovely to see friends and family. We’ve even had people make trips home just to see us which has made us all feel very special!
- To take Flossie “home” to the UK we had to get her first passport….a fun experience. Taking a picture of a 5 week old baby that meets the regulations is tricky! It took two visits to the passport office and a patient man at Costco but we managed it and her fancy, shiny American passport arrived in plenty of time for our trip.
- Every month so far I’ve mentioned the weather, this will probably be the last time I’ll have anything positive to say for a while. We’ve had some lovely sunny, warm days that have allowed us to have trips out but this weekend it’s forecast to reach 114F so I think our outdoor activities are over!
- This month I joined the stroller exercise class. I’ve never been a gym member before so we’ll have to see how long this lasts but being able to exercise while Flossie sleeps in the stroller has been working very well for us. It fits in our routine and helps me meet new people.
- There are a lot of birthdays around this time of year so Flossie and I attempted to make birthday cards for grandparents which were reasonably successful, a lot of fun and fairly messy!
- We celebrated my first Mother’s Day.
- The doctor advised cutting dairy out of my diet to see if it helped Flossie so I’ve been enjoying finding dairy free recipes and foods to eat. Ben and Jerry’s make an ice cream with almond milk that tastes just like regular ice cream which has helped a lot!
- Flossie has changed a lot this month and we’re really enjoying watching her grow and seeing her interact with all of our family and friends.
- Our trip through Heathrow was our last with British Airways Silver status as Chris no longer travels for work so we enjoyed our last visit to the lounge for free food and a good view of terminal 5 security. I have my favourite seats which we showed Flossie and enjoyed a bacon sandwich before she started to cry and we wheeled her out of the silent room! Unfortunately it was too early in the morning to take advantage of the free wine – it wouldn’t look great, stroller in one hand, wineglass in the other at 9am!